- Base de conocimiento
- Responsive Website Builder
- Crear un sitio multilingüe
- Ayuda de Duda > Responsive Website Builder > Avanzado
Reach a larger audience by translating your website into multiple languages. For each new language you add, a duplicate version of your site is created to host the translation. You can translate sites manually, or use the free Google Translate feature built-in to the editor. If you use the Google Translate feature, make sure you review the entire translation before publishing.
Please note that after a site has been translated, all content added to any language version of the site will not sync to the other language versions. For this reason, we recommend adding multiple languages as a final step, once you have completed building your website.
Elegir el idioma predeterminado
The default language is the main language of your site. All other languages will exist in sub-directories while the default language will use the main domain.
We try to identify the default language of your content automatically, but you can manually set this by clicking the "change" link. Once you add multiple languages to your site, all new content needs to be translated from the default language version of your site. Once languages have been added, the default language cannot be changed.
Agregar un nuevo idioma
Click the Add site languages button.
Select one or more languages you'd like to add. Please note that some languages are available under multiple country flags (Spanish for example). Click Done when you are finished.
Deshabilitar o eliminar idiomas
You can disable a language by clicking the toggle. To delete a language altogether, click the X next to the toggle.
Disabling a language: This allows you to work on the content/translation for that language, before making the language public and live on your site. If you want to publish the site without one of the language versions, make sure to disable that version.
Deleting a language: This removes it from the site altogether and any links to this language will redirect to the default language. A backup version will be added automatically to your backup list in the site settings.
Diseño del selector de idioma
The language selector appears on all language versions of the site; it is what enables visitors to switch between languages. Click the Design tab to see layout options. The layout you choose affects the desktop and tablet view, mobile devices can only include the small prefixed language dropdown.
Traducción automática vs. manual
By default, the multi-language feature automatically translates your website content into the new language you are adding using Google Translate. While this service is provided for free, Google Translate does not always provide the most accurate translations so make sure to review and edit the content in the translated versions of your site. If you prefer to manually translate your entire website, un-check the automatic translation box before adding new languages.
¿Cuál contenido no se traducirá?
Las siguientes características no están disponibles actualmente en versiones multilingües.
- Entradas de blog
- Page title and descriptions. See the SEO considerations section for more information.
Ubicar el selector de idioma
After you click Done, the language selector is added in a new row at the top of the site and you are immediately prompted to position it. This position is reflected in all language versions; review it on all devices.
Once you click Done, the new languages will be added to the site and any change you make in the location and/or design of the selector must be done in each language separately.
Edición de contenido en el nuevo idioma
To select a different language version, click on the flag of your default language and select the language you'd like to edit from the dropdown.
Any changes you make to any language version (for example, changing text, images, or adding/removing widgets) will not be reflected in the other versions of your site.
Adding Pages & Popups
New pages can be added from the default language only. If you want to display a specific page in a specific language, add it to the default language first and then hide the page in the navigation menu. To add a page to all languages, first add it to the default language. Then switch to each translated version separately, open the Pages & Popups menu, select the page you want to translate and click Translate in the dropdown.
- While site content is automatically translated, the following fields are not translated:
- Título del sitio/página
- Descripción del sitio/página
- Palabras clave del sitio/página
- Texto alternativo (en las imágenes)
These fields are important for SEO, so make sure you translate them manually for each language. Click here for instructions on updating the page info.
- To display multi-language stores (that correspond with the translated versions of the site), enable the store multi-language feature (available for 2500-product stores and higher). For more on creating a multi-language store, read this article.
- Blog posts are not translated by the multi-language feature.
- Personalizations cannot be added to translated site versions. For more on site personalizations, read this article.
- Text connected via Connect Data will not be automatically translated. To translate this text, disconnect the widgets from the Content Library and translate them manually.
- El texto conectado a través de Connect Data no se traducirá. Para traducir este texto, desconecte los widgets de la biblioteca de contenido y tradúzcalos manualmente.