Keep site visitors up-to-date at a glance by adding the Google calendar widget to your sites. It’s a great way to keep visitors engaged by showing them upcoming events, bookings, workshops, seminars and more. The widget provides a seamless integration of a public Google calendar and can be customized like any other widget.
- Drag and drop the Calendar widget anywhere on your page. To learn more about adding widgets to your website, see Adding Widgets.
- In the content editor, select a Google account to connect with. After the account is connected, you’ll see all public Google calendars associated with that account displayed.
- Select the public calendar you want to display and which day of the week you want the calendar to start with.
- Using the design editor, customize the calendar’s text and colors. You can control the style of the calendar sections (header, days of the week, all days, etc.) as well as the event popup, frame style and more.
- To see event details:
- On mobile, events are marked with a dot. Click the dot to open a popup with the event name and time. Click the event name on that popup to see all event details.
- On desktop, click the event date to open a popup with the event title, time, date, and description.
- To navigate between months, visitors click on the arrows in the header. To return to the current date, visitors click on the calendar icon.
- To control the time zone of the calendar navigate to Google Calendar > Google settings > Set Time Zone. You may also want to add a paragraph above the calendar to identify the time zone.
- To add or edit events, go directly to the Google calendar.
- This widget enables you to display public Google calendars only. For more about Google public calendars, read this.
- If you’ve added a calendar after connecting an account, the calendar may not appear in the calendar options. To display, disconnect and then reconnect the account.