Site Comments is a collaboration tool that enables your team to communicate with clients and each other while building sites. The entire review process is faster, clearer and more accurate, giving your clients better service, faster go-live, and allowing more time to scale your business. It also eliminates the need for alternative methods of communication (such as email, messages, phone calls, etc.) and creates a single channel for receiving feedback and responding to it.
Site Comments are included for customers on Trial, Team, Agency and Enterprise plans for up to 100 clients. Customers on Team and Agency plans will need to upgrade to Enterprise Plan and purchase Unlimited Site Comments to keep using this feature.
Note: Clients are based on total number of clients, not the number of clients using Site Comments.
- Internal communication between team members only (these comments can be marked as Internal - visible to team only so clients don't see them)
- Collecting feedback from clients as they review the site (marked as Public - visible to clients & team)
- Making notes while building the site
- During the QA process
- Creating a record of comments and responses
Access Site Comments
The comments bar controls the Site Comments functions. The comments bar is located on the right of the screen and includes the following actions/tabs:
The bar can be minimized by clicking on the X icon and can be reopened by clicking on the comments icon on the top bar.
Add Site Comments
- To add a comment, click the plus icon on the comments bar - comments can be added to any element on the site.
- Click on an element to add a comment. Hovering the element will help position the comment accurately.
- Choose whether you want the comment to be internal or visible to clients and your team.
- Enter your comment in the input field. You can also add an image as a comment by clicking on the image icon in the bottom right corner of the comment field.
- Click Submit.
Note: Comments always retain the same visibility settings, meaning if a comment starts as Internal it will remain Internal and if a comment starts visible to the client it will stay visible to clients.
Tip: To make an internal comment visible to clients, add a new comment and set it to public.
Reply To Site Comments
- Open the comment you want to reply to. You can reply to comments via the comment itself or in the comments log.
- Click the comment text field, or click Reply in the comments log, and enter your reply.
- Click Submit.
Edit/Delete Site Comments
Comments can be edited or deleted by the person who creates them or by a team member. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the comment you want to edit/delete.
- Hover over the comment to reveal the more icon and then click on the icon.
- Click Edit or Delete.
Warning: Deleted comments cannot be restored and are not displayed in the comments log. There is no undo for edited comments.
Resolve Site Comments
To resolve a comment and leave a record of it in the comments log click Resolve in the upper-right corner of the comment. Resolved comments can be reopened and you can also view them using the filter in the comments log.
Invite Clients to Add Comments
Inviting clients to add Site Comments is great customer service and improves the site design experience.
To add clients to Site Comments:
- If clients don't already have permissions to the site you will need to add them via Users & Permissions.
- After they have access to the site, click the share icon on the right panel to open the Notification Setting.
- Choose Add Client Permissions.
- Select their name in the dropdown menu.
Note: Clients only receive a welcome email the first time they are added to a site, so you may want to notify them when you add access to Site Comments if they already had access to the site.
Once a client has been added to the site, they can review and add comments. They will also start to receive email notifications when someone adds, replies or resolves comments on their sites.
To remove clients from a site, click Remove next to their name. They will no longer have the Site Comments permission; other permissions will stay as is.