Site Comments is a collaboration tool that enables you and your client to communicate directly on top of their site. Your entire review process will be faster, clearer and more accurate, so you can give your clients better service, go live faster, and have more time to scale your business.
Site Comments eliminates the need for alternative methods of communication (such as email, messages, phone calls, etc) and creates a single channel for receiving feedback and responding to it.
Beta phase through February 3rd, 2019
Site Comments is being released in a free public beta from November 20, 2018 through February 3, 2019. During this phase, it is available at no charge as part of the Team, Agency, Custom and grandfathered DudaPro plans.
After the beta phase, Site Comments will be included in the following account plans:
- Team plan will include unlimited comments between team members only.
- Agency plan users will include unlimited team comments and 100 new client comments per month.
- Grandfathered DudaPro users will have unlimited comments between team members. To enable client comments they will need to upgrade to Agency plan or higher.
- Custom plan – Please contact Duda’s Sales team (email@example.com) or your account manager for more information.
*Any team or client communication made during the beta phase will be saved in your account in perpetuity.
Comments can be added to any element on the site.
- To add a comment, click the plus icon on the right panel.
- You can comment anywhere on the site by clicking on an element. Hovering the element will help you position the comment accurately.
- Enter your comment in the input field. When you’re done, click Submit.
- If you have clients with the Site Comments permission, they’ll be notified by email after you add, respond to or resolve their comments.
- If an element is only available on a specific device (for example, a mobile header), comments made to that element will only be shown on that device view but will appear in the comments log.
- If the comment is only related to one device, make sure you refer to the device in the comment.
- Store/blog comments are displayed on all store/blog pages, so make sure the comment is specific.
- Image slider comments are displayed on all slides, so make sure the comment is specific.
- Comments made on multilanguage sites will appear on all language views, so make sure you specify the language you are referring to.
- The location of a comment cannot be changed. If you’ve placed a comment on the wrong element, simply delete it and add a new comment in the correct location.
- Hidden element comments are displayed on the device the element is visible on. These comments will appear on the comments log; clicking on the comment will display the hidden element.
- If you are working on the site as your client is reviewing it, make sure to refresh the site regularly to sync the changes.
- If you delete an element with a comment (for example, a widget, column, row or page) any comments on that element will be deleted as well and will no longer appear in the comments log.
Reply to comments
You can reply to comments via the comment itself, or in the comments log. Here’s how:
- Open the comment you want to reply to.
- Click the comment text field, or click Reply in the comment log, and enter your reply.
- When you’re done, click Submit.
Comments can be edited/deleted by the person who creates them or by a team member.
- Open the comment you want to edit/delete.
- Hover the comment to reveal the more icon and then click on the icon.
- Click Edit or Delete.
Deleted comments cannot be restored and are not displayed in the comment log. There is no undo for edited comments.
Recommendation: If you have used Site Comments to communicate between team members, make sure you delete these comments before adding clients to a site as clients can view all comments.
To resolve a comment and leave a record of it in the comments log, click the Resolve button in the upper-right corner of the comment. Resolved comments can be reopened. To view resolved comments, use the filter in the comments log.
The comments log is where you can see all of the site’s open and resolved comments. The log is a great place to check if there are still open feedback on the site or if all issues have been resolved.
To view, click the log icon in the right panel.
- Clicking on a comment in the log will navigate you to the exact location where the comment was made.
- Filter comments by page or by whether they are opened or resolved.
- Search for comments by keyword or comment number.
- Reopen a resolved comment by clicking on the button with the check mark in the top-right corner.
Note: If you delete an element with a comment (for example, a widget, column, row or page) any comments on that element will be deleted as well and will no longer appear in the comment log.
A site can look busy when it has lots of comments. If you want to hide the comments while you’re reviewing the site, click the hide icon in the right panel.
To unhide the comments, click the icon again.
To make sure that you don't miss any comments made on the site, a notification email will be sent after a client or team member adds, replies or resolves a comment. Clients who have the Site Comments permission and team members who were selected to be notified will receive email notifications.
Enable clients to comment directly on their site by giving them the Site Comments permission. With this permission, clients can review the site, add comments, respond to comments, view the changes you’ve made, and close comments.
Note: As with all site permissions, clients can only access published sites.
1. To open the Notification Setting, click the icon on the right panel.
2. Add Clients:
- Add clients who already have permissions to the site, but not the Site Comments permission by selecting their name in the dropdown menu.
- If the client was added via the Site Comments dropdown menu, you may want to notify them of their new capability in a separate email.
- Add clients that don’t already have any permissions to the site by via Users & Permissions. Read more about Users & Permissions here.
- If you already have a client with permission to comment on the site you will see it there.
3. Once a client has been added to the site, they can review it and add comments on top of it. They will also start to receive email notifications when someone adds, replies or resolves comments on their sites.
To remove clients from a site, click “Remove” next to their name. They will no longer have the Site Comments permission, other permissions will stay as is.
Add/remove notified team members
Select one or more team members who will be notified when comments are made to a site. This way you will make sure that every comment made on the site reaches a team member who can then respond to it, make related changes, or assign it to the most suitable team member. Read more about adding team members via Users & Permissions here.
Note: Every team member with access to the editor can reply to and resolve comments. Notified team members are the ones who receive email notifications about comments.
To remove notified team members from a site, click “Remove” next to their name. They will no longer receive notification emails about comments made on the site.
Note: Team members are represented with profile pictures associated with their email address by Gravatar.