In order to enable your customer to pay via Authorize.net, you need to create an Authorize.net merchant account and attach it to your store via the editor.
Setting up your Authorize.NET account
In order to use Authorize.net as your payment provider, you first need to obtain a merchant account with Authorize.Net.
1) Log in to your Authorize.net merchant account.
2) Go to the Receipt/Response URLs page.
3) Click Add URL.
4) Enter https://app.multiscreenstore.com/authorizenet/11111111
(where STORE_ID is the ID of your store) to the URL field. You can find your store ID at the bottom of the Dashboard field:
5) Click Submit.
Connecting your Authorize.NET account to your Store
- Go to the Payment tab of your store.
- Click on the Choose Payment Processor at the very bottom of the page.
- Pick Credit Card: Authorize.Net SIM from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your API Login ID, Transaction Key and MD5 Hash value.
- Pick the transaction type you want to enable:
Authorize only This transaction type will not be sent for settlement until you capture the funds manually in your Authorize.Net merchant account.
Authorize and Capture This is the most common type of credit card transaction, when the amount is sent for authorization, and if approved, is automatically submitted for settlement.
- Don’t forget to Save.
Some common errors you may come across when setting up your account:
Authorize.net FDC Merchant ID or Terminal ID is incorrect
This error indicates there is an issue with your Authorize.net setup. Please report this error to the Authorize.net customer support.
(99) This transaction cannot be accepted or
(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive
Regarding Authorize.net: API Login Id, Transaction Key, and MD5 Hash Value must be completely the same in your customer's Authorize.Net account and his Authorize.Net settings in the Ecwid Control Panel. Even one unnecessary space at the end of one value can cause the 99 error.