Adding the new WhatsApp widget to your sites enables visitors to get in touch with site owners quickly and easily, especially on mobile. Opportunities for engagement and conversion will increase, making it easier to convert anonymous site visitors into real customers.
How does it work
- When site visitors click on the button, a WhatsApp chat opens on their device.
- On mobile, it opens in the user’s WhatsApp account. On desktop, the WhatsApp web version opens.
- Drag & drop the WhatsApp widget anywhere on your page. To learn more about adding widgets to your website, see Adding Widgets.
- Enter your WhatsApp phone number. Note that your site visitors will be able to see the number.
- Make sure the number has only digits and includes the country code.
- Make sure the phone number you add has a WhatsApp account associated with it.
- If a site visitor does not have WhatsApp installed on their device, they will be directed to WhatsApp’s installation flow.
- If a user clicks on the widget from an iOS tablet, they will be directed to a WhatsApp page that directs them to download the app on desktop or mobile.