- Knowledge Base
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in the European Union (EU) designed to strengthen and unify privacy and personal data protections for all individuals within the EU.
Who does the GDPR affect?
The GDPR applies to organizations located within the EU, as well as organizations located outside of the EU that offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, individuals within the EU. It applies to all companies processing and holding the personal data of individuals residing in the EU regardless of the company’s location.
‘Personal data’ is any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a person. It can be anything from a name, photo, email address or bank details to posts on social networking websites, medical information or a computer IP address.
Duda & the GDPR
Duda takes seriously personal data protection and the right to privacy online and welcomes this latest EU regulation to strengthen and unify these protections for individuals within their jurisdiction. Duda has completed a thorough review of the legal and technical impacts of the GPDR to ensure compliance, and has made all required adjustments to our products, services, and documentation to ensure full compliance with the GDPR. This gives Duda customers more control over their personal data and provides the necessary tools to protect the information of visitors to Duda websites.
Duda is fully compliant with GDPR requirements.
How does Duda ensure full compliance with GDPR?
- We have conducted a security audit to make sure all of our security measures and protocols are fully GDPR-compliant.
- Duda’s organizational policies, especially our data security and data privacy policies, cover what is required by the GDPR. Our staff is fully aware of the need for strong data security and privacy practices across the entire company. This is an ongoing process and we see it as a key factor to our success in this project.
- Duda is documenting and developing all operational procedures required to support an individual’s right to review any of their private data that we store, the right to be forgotten, etc.
- We have updated all our data processing agreements in light of GDPR requirements.
- The broader topic of data security is a long-term commitment rather than a one-off project. Duda remains committed to data security and privacy and we will ensure that our customers are protected in an ever-changing landscape of regulation and real-world threats.
- We have enabled the following new features:
- You can now easily create a Privacy page to enable you to communicate information about processing the personal data of your users in a clear and transparent way.
- Cookie notifications are fully customizable to fit the legal requirements of the relevant country or area.
- Your contact forms can now include convenient Opt-in notifications to collect consent from site visitors to process their form responses.
- The right of your users to be forgotten can be realized with the help of the Form responses tab in your site dashboard.
- By masking IP in SnowPlow, we can safely state that no personal information is being tracked.
How do I submit GDPR-related questions, concerns, or issues to Duda?
If you have questions about Duda and the GDPR, or wish to report a related issue, please contact Duda support as soon as possible via email by visiting our support portal and marking ‘Data Privacy & GDPR’ in the drop down.