- Knowledge Base
- Responsive Website Builder
- Video Backgrounds
- Duda Support > Responsive Website Builder > Editing a Site
Use Video Backgrounds to quickly add a moving video from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion as a Website background. Video backgrounds can catch a visitor's eye with moving content and add a stylish modern look to any Website.
To add a video background to your site:
- Obtain the YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion URL you want to use.
- Right-click the row or column you'd like to add this background to, then click Edit Design.
- In the Background section, click the Video tab.
- Paste the URL of the video you'd like to use into the YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion URL textbox.
- Video background can only work on Desktop version of the site and not on the tablet or mobile versions.
- Background videos will not play sound.
- Videos can take time and bandwidth to load, and can distract users from important links or text on your page, so use videos sparingly.
- Consider reducing the opacity of the video background to make the effect more subtle.
- When adding a Dailymotion video that is part of a playlist, make sure to only add the direct link to the video (and omit the playlist parameter, which looks something like this:?playlist=x1x2f3). If your video’s URL has this parameter, just remove it. For example: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60ktex?playlist=x5x6f2 would be https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60ktex
- All YouTube background videos display the video title and uploader before the video starts on load. There is no way to remove these items without manually changing the CSS. Due to this change, YouTube videos are not recommended for background video.