- Knowledge Base
- Responsive Website Builder
- Personalization Rules
- Duda Support > Responsive Website Builder > Editing a Site
Our personalization rules work on a system of triggers and actions. When the conditions of a trigger are met, an action occurs that personalizes the website for that visitor. Use personalizations to create 1-to-1 conversion driving experiences for website visitors based on time of day, device type, geolocation and more.
Triggers are the list of conditions under which the action part of the rule takes place. Triggers allow you to define a set of conditions that, when met, automatically execute a specific action on your site. Combine a variety of triggers like time, device-type, or location to create a very customized experience for site visitors.
Choosing a trigger
Personalization rules let you change content based on:
- Device: Which device a user is visiting from (desktop, tablet, or mobile)
- Location: What location a user is visiting from
- Time: What time / date the user is visiting on
- Visits: The number of times the user has visited
- Campaign URL: Whether the user gets to the site from a specific URL you set
- No trigger: This Rule will always be on
Note: Rules will only trigger for the same user once every 30 minutes, or until they clear their browser cache, even if that user still meets the trigger requirements.
Personalization Rule Actions
Actions are the part of your rule that will display or change when activated by a trigger. Actions allow you to personalize your visitor's experience, lead them to information they may have missed previously, or present them with opportunities to help complete a sale or get them to visit.
New Row: Creates a new row in your site which only displays during the triggered event. You can also use this to hide rows or content.
Notification Bar: Triggers a notification bar at the top of the page.
Popup: Triggers a popup to display on your site, grabbing your user's attention.
Special Effects: Special effects are a variety of decorative effects, like fireworks, falling hearts, or snowflakes, which can give your site a different mood. Add this to your homepage, or to the entire site.
When adding or editing a row action type, you will enter the Rule Editing Mode.
This is a special mode in which you can only edit the new row created by this action. You can also:
- Move this row up and down the page by clicking the 'Row' button in the upper left of the row and clicking the up and down arrows.
- Hide other rows on the page by clicking the eye icon.
- View the personalization rule in different views so that you can be sure it will look how you want it to on different devices.
Using Personalization Rules
Create a new rule by clicking the New Rule button, then choosing a new rule or build your own rule.
Edit a rule by clicking the gear icon to the right of the rule name, then selecting Edit and picking whether you'd like to edit the Action or the Trigger.
Delete a rule by clicking the gear icon to the right of the rule name, then selecting Delete.
Build Your Own Personalization Rules
You can build your own personalization rules from scratch. This lets you select and customize the triggers and actions for your personalization rule instead of selecting a custom option.
- Click Personalize in the left menu bar.
- Click 'Build your own'.
- Select one or more triggers. Each trigger defines a condition under which the associated action will take place.
- Customize the trigger(s) you’ve selected.
- Click Next.
- Select an action to display. You can only use one action per personalization rule.
- Click Next.
- Customize the action you selected. Click next.
- Preview and save your rule. Click Preview to see what your site will look like with the rule activated (click the back button in the top right of the site to get back to the rule editor).
- When the rule seems ready to go, give it a unique name, then click Save Rule.
Once you publish/republish your site the rule will be activated. Then, when someone visits the site and the trigger conditions are met, your selected action will appear for that visitor automatically.
Personalization Rule Special Effects
Personalization rule special effects add animations to your website; for example, floating hearts or falling leaves. Use these special effects to celebrate events or add a touch of color.
Create a New Rule
Click Personalize on the left menu.
Create a new rule by clicking the 'Build rule' button in the 'Build your own' box.
Select the trigger that will activate the new rule. If you do not want to set a trigger, click the 'Display to all visitors (no trigger)' checkbox. Click next.
Check the Special Effect circle and click next.
Choosing a special effect
Click on the special effect you'd like to select.
Click the magnifying glass icon to get a quick preview of what the effect looks like.
Finalize your rule by naming this rule. You can choose to display the rule only once per visitor by clicking the checkbox. You can also preview the rule by clicking the 'Preview This Rule' button.
Make sure the Publish Now option is checked before saving the rule. If the Publish Now option is not selected, the rule and special effect will not be available to new visitors until the website is republished.
Click Save Rule.
Click the Settings button.
Click Edit Action to access these options:
- Toggle whether the effect displays on the home page or all pages
- Set for how many seconds the effect should play (or whether it should play forever)
Personalization Rule Priority
While you can have multiple Personalization Rules on your site at one time, only one of each action can be active at the same time. Understanding rule priority will help you understand how your responsive site decides which action to take.
Only one of each action type can be active at a time on a page of your site. For reference, here are the different types of actions:
- Add a new row
- Display a notification bar
- Add special effects
If two rules with the same action type are both triggered at the same time, on the same page, whichever is listed highest on the list of rules will take effect. The other rule will not take effect until any rules listed higher than it with the same action are inactive.
Two rules with different actions can, however, display at the same time. For example, if one rule creates a notification bar and the other a row, and both trigger at the same time, both the notification bar and row will appear.
Two rules with the same action can display at the same time so long as they are on different pages. Only duplicate actions on the same page will not display.
Preview and Save Personalization Rule
Before Saving a personalization rule, you have the option to preview your rule. Use this to make sure they look and behave how you want them to on all devices.
Click the preview link next to your Rule to see what the site will look like with this rule activated.
Apply Special Effects
Once again, special effect changes will not be updated until the website is republished. If you choose not to publish the website when you save the new rule, make sure to republish your site using the Republish button on the top menu to activate the new special effect.
Multiple Personalization Rules
While you can have multiple personalization rules on your site at one time, only one of each action can be active at the same time. Understanding rule priority will help you understand how your responsive site decides which action to take.