- Knowledge Base
- Responsive Website Builder
- GoDaddy Domain Set up
- Duda Support > Responsive Website Builder > Going Live
This article will teach you how to setup your custom domain records for GoDaddy to attach to your new Duda One site. This will allow your visitors to go to yourwebsite.com or www.yourwebsite.com to access your website. You will have to own your own domain. There are two different flows to follow depending on your GoDaddy account.
Traditional Steps to follow
- Login to your GoDaddy account from the GoDaddy homepage.
- Click on 'My Account' and then click on 'Visit My Account'
- Click on the 'Launch' button next to Domain
- Click gear icon for the domain you would like to select.
- Select Domain Details under manage domain.
- Click on the DNS Zone File tab across the top.
- Click on 'Add Record'
- Select CNAME from the list of record types.
- Fill out the fields with the following information - Host: www and Points to: s.dudaone.com, and then click finish.
NOTE: You may get an error message saying "We are having difficulty processing your request." Click on the "view errors" link, and if it says: "The specified CNAME already exists in the zone. CNAME - WWW" This means that you already have a record for www somewhere else in the DNS records. Simply delete or edit the existing www record and redo steps 7 through 9 .
- Locate the red colored bar, and click 'Save Changes'.
- Click on 'Settings' next to DNS Zone File.
- Locate the 'Forwarding' section and click on the blue 'manage' link.
- Click on 'Add Forwarding.'
- NOTE: DO NOT ENTER "DUDAGDTEST" IN THE FORWARDING! It is just an example of what you should enter in that field. Please enter your domain name instead.
In the 'Forward to:' field type in the domain which you will be using for your DudaOne site. For example, if you were in the settings for example.com, then you would put www.example.com in this field. Make sure the other settings are set as follows: Redirect type -> 301 (Permanent), Forward settings -> Forward only, update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change -> check the box.
- Click add and you will be all set.
Updated Steps to Follow
- Follow the Traditional steps #1-6.
- Add a new record.
- Select CNAME.
- Add the following information to the CNAME record:
Host - www
Points to - s.dudaone.com or s.multiscreensite.com
- Click Save.
- Scroll down to Forwarding and click Add next to Domain.
- Under the Forwards to section, enter your URL (e.g www.example.com).
- The Forward Type should be set to Permanent and the Settings should be set to Forward Only.
- Save your settings.
One item that might come up when trying to create the CNAME record is an error message notifying you that there already is a record in place for @ or www. You will need to delete the existing records (probably above in the A record section, save the changes, and then perform steps 5 & 6 again.
Wait! Creating CNAME records may take up to 24 hours to propagate. While GoDaddy is usually very quick, the site will not be immediately available at the newly created records.