- Knowledge Base
- Responsive Website Builder
- DreamHost Domain Set up
- Duda Support > Responsive Website Builder > Going Live
This article will teach you how to setup your custom domain records for Dream Host to point to your new DudaOne site. This will allow your visitors to go to yourwebsite.com or www.yourwebsite.com to access your website. You will have to own your own domain already purchased from Dream Host to follow these instructions.
Steps to follow
- Login to the Dream Host Panel.
- Login to your Dream Host account.
- Under the Domains section on the left, click on Manage Domains.
- Click the [ Edit ] button located next to the domain under the 'Web Hosting' column.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the button [ Host DNS only! ].
- Click DNS under your domain name.
- On this DNS page, under "Add a custom DNS record to YOUR_DOMAIN" fill in the following settings:
- Name: www
- Type: CNAME
- Value: s.dudaone.com
- Click Add Record.
- Under Domains click Manage Domains.
- Click the Add button under Web Hosting / DNS Only.
- Under Redirect fill in the following settings:
- Domain to redirect: YOUR_DOMAIN.
- Redirect to URL: www.YOUR_DOMAIN
- Click Redirect this domain.
One item that might come up when trying to create the CNAME record is an error message notifying you that there already is a record in place for @ or www.
Wait! Creating CNAME records might take up to 24 hours to fully propagate. This means that your site will not be available quite yet. Also, often after adding a CNAME record Dream Host! does not show that you've added a CNAME record for a few minutes, so please have some patience while Dream Host! updates.