- Knowledge Base
Set the domain of your dashboard. Your clients will use this domain to see their login, dashboard, editor and preview pages. You may either use the provided generic sub-domain or set up your own custom domain such as login.example.com or my.example.com.
Accessing Dashboard Domain
- Go to your dashboard at my.duda.co, you must be logged in.
- Hover over White Label, then click Custom Domain.
- Click on Dashboard Domain.
Using the default domain
The default domain will allow you be up and running right away (domainname.editor.multiscreensite.com). Simply enter the sub-domain you would like to use and click save. It's good to use a unique, easy to spell name.
Using the custom domain
The custom domain will allow you to use a URL based on your own domain. To do this, first:
1. Click Custom Domain
2. Enter a custom domain name including the full address. For example, if you want your dashboard login domain name to be login.sitename.com, enter that. Important Note: This subdomain needs to be unique, you cannot reuse a subdomain which is already in use. (eg. if your site is live with www.yoursite.com, then you will not be able to use the www. subdomain for this section. You will need to use something else.)
3. Depending on what you have entered, it will give you the CNAME record to add in your domain registrar's DNS settings. Take these records and go into your domain registrar's (GoDaddy, Bluehost, etc.) and add them.
If you are unable to find these settings, contact your domain host - Setting up a CNAME is very similar to setting up a CNAME for a responsive or mobile site and may also take some time to propagate.
4. After you have finished adding that CNAME record, go back to this page and click Verify to confirm the settings have been added.
5. You should now be able to access your white-labeled dashboard by using the domain you have set up.
Troubleshooting and FAQ's
I just set up the CNAME record and it's not working
It can take up to 48 hours for a CNAME record to propagate - You can verify that the CNAME has been added by visiting http://www.whatsmydns.net
It's showing the Duda dashboard instead
Normally this happens when the set-up isn't correct. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience this issue.
I change the domain name and now my clients can't access their sites
Changing the domain name will render the previous URL unusable - To fix this, simply give your clients your new URL.