- Knowledge Base
- Mobile Website Builder
- Setting up the custom domain m.yoursite.com URL
- Duda Support > Mobile Website Builder > Going Live
So, you've paid for a premium site and want to setup your custom domain. To do this, you need to set up the custom domain on Duda, then access your domain provider and create a custom record that points to Duda. This article covers both steps, but for specific instructions for your domain host, click here.
Steps for setting up the "m.yoursite.com" URL
1. Log in to DudaMobile, choose a site, then open the editor.
2. Go to Redirect under Go Live.
3. At the bottom of the redirect page, check the checkbox next to the text which reads Setup an m.companyname.com URL.
4. Enter your custom domain
Steps for setting up the CNAME record
With your hosting provider:
These general instructions will work for most web hosts. Click here for specific instructions for your hosting provider.
- Login to your domain host. This is usually where you purchased your domain from (GoDaddy, 1and1, Yahoo, etc..)
- Find the domain management section.
- Edit the DNS records of your site. This is sometimes called: Advanced DNS settings, DNS Zone Editor, Domain Name Settings or something similar.
- Once editing the DNS records, you will want to create a new CNAME record with the following settings:
- Host/Alias: m
- Destination/Target: mobile.dudamobile.com
Note: If you are setting up a CNAME record for a user, you can use our white labeled Destination/Target: m.mobilewebsiteserver.com
- TTL: 14400 (This option is not always asked for, if they request it, place 14400 in)
- Save the settings.
- Wait... DNS changes can take up to two days to fully go through, as they must propagate across the internet. Most of the time it happens within 30 minutes, but in some cases, it can take longer.
Once you've set up your custom domain, you'll need to change your redirect script to match; return to the 'redirect' page in your editor and copy the (newly changed) redirect script into your site per our redirect instructions and you should be good to go!
I need an IP address or @ record to go live
If you're trying to point your domain name to Duda using an IP address or @ record, unfortunately, there isn't one we can reliably provide. The IP address is dynamic, which means it's always changing. Even if you were to get it using a WHOIS lookup, it would eventually change and cause your site to go down.
Instead, to point a domain name to your Duda site, what you need to do is set up a CNAME record in your DNS settings. See here
If your host doesn't allow you to set up a CNAME record for your site, please;
- use the default domain that Duda provides instead or
- consider moving to a new DNS host who has more features available.