- Knowledge Base
- Mobile Website Builder
- Problems with content after conversion
- Duda Support > Mobile Website Builder > Editing a Site
DudaMobile automatically pulls in content from your Desktop site, but sometimes certain content will appear to be left out. This can happen when the content is incompatible with DudaMobile, or when the navigation menu is converted incorrectly.
Incorrect Navigation Menu
DudaMobile automatically turns navigation links into mobile friendly buttons. Part of this process involves removing some of the original formating. If DudaMobile selects too many links to add to your navigation menu, it will hide some or all of your pages content.
To fix this follow these steps below to select the correct navigation:
1. Click the Design tab at the left.
2. Click the blue Customize button.
3. Go to the Settings tab in the Navigation Menu Editor window.
4. Under "Not you navigation?" click "Select from your site".
5. Select you navigation menu by clicking on it and the clicking the + and - to increase and decrease the selection.
DudaMobile automatically decides which content on your site is your main content and which content is secondary content that most likely should not be displayed on mobile devices (like sidebars). Occasionally, content is incorrectly flagged as secondary.
Follow the steps below to remove the dmle_mce attribute from the page HTML
Please note: This involves minor HTML editing, and should only be attempted by advanced users.
1. Click the gear at the top right corner.
2. Select CSS& HTML.
3. Go to your Page HTML.
4. From here click control+F (or command+F on a mac) and search for dmle_mce.
5. Remove any instance of dmle_mce.
An element imported into the site isn't working
If you have content, elements, or code on your desktop site that wasn't imported in correctly, it means that we weren't able to import the code that makes up that element.
In order to get those types of elements working on your mobile site, it's recommended that you recreate the element using one of our various widgets. For example, you can create contact forms, restaurant menus, email us buttons and many more things by exploring what Duda has to offer.
As an alternative, you can also;
- Recreate it using a similar widget in our content menu (recommended)
- Recreate it using the HTML widget
- Have that page go to the desktop page directly (do not mobilize this page), which will preserve the code on your desktop site
- Hire a programmer to get this code working for you
- Try turning off animated navigation which interferes with custom code