- Moderation Of Facebook Comments
- Duda Support > Responsive Site Builder > Editing a Site
Set up Facebook comment moderation for your site! This will enable you to edit or delete comments that are posted on the websites you build.
Facebook changes their developer interface quite often, but the steps below are usually very similar. You basically have to set up the app on Facebook and insert a code into your header.
- Create a new app at the following URL: https://developers.facebook.com/apps(note: Click the green "Add New App" button at the top right)
- If you are prompted to select a platform, select WWW (Website)
- On the next page, it will ask you to create a new Facebook App ID - You can choose to go through the quick start process to be more organized, or you can click Skip and create App ID at the top right
- Complete all the required fields and create your App ID.
- After you have finished, it will take you to the App Dashboard. If you do not see this screen, click My Apps or View my App Dashboard to see this screen.
- Hover your mouse over the Products tab, then click on Social Plugins.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page to find the Social Plugins Documentation for Comments.
- Click on Moderation.
- Click on Moderation Setup Instructions.
- You should now see the code for enabling Facebook Comments Moderation. Copy all of the <meta> code for your app, as shown below:
- After you've copied the code, open up your editor. Navigate to Site Settings >>> Header HTML, then copy your code in and click Save.
- You are now able to moderate Facebook comments made on your site. You can either moderate it within the page itself or you can moderate it within the Facebook app settings (click Moderation Tool in the comments plugin).
FAQ's and Troubleshooting
It's not working
If you followed the steps all the way (which includes installing the code in your header), it might be that Facebook isn't caching your site without the moderation tool. Use their debug tool here:
When you debug/scrape your page, it should show your Facebook app ID - if it doesn't, you haven't included this on your site correctly.