For those who would like to have a new start with your site, Duda offers two options:
- Complete Reset - you can build a completely new site from scratch
- Keep Site Data - you can switch template on your site and keep existing content: uploaded images, content from the content library, store, blog and more
Find out which option you need and follow the steps below to reset your site.
Which reset type do I need?
- If you want to build a completely new site, pick Complete Reset. This reset type is recommended for those who want to start a new site from scratch.
- If you would like to save the content you have on the site like Content Library details (business info, business text, business image), all uploaded site images, store and blog content - choose Keep Site Data. This option is great for those who want to upgrade their site design, but keep existing content and images. With connected templates and connected data you can even auto-populate the widgets of the new site. For more details, see here.
Site subscription, domain settings, stats, permissions settings and form responses will be saved for your site in both types of resets.
Neither reset type allows you to save existing pages, data placed on the site directly (e.g. via widgets or in Developer mode) or global design options.
- Both Complete Reset and Keep Site Data resets can be done via the Design tab on the left-side editor menu. Just click Reset Site and choose which reset type you need.
- If you want a Complete Reset, you can also do that via the Dashboard (there's no option to reset and keep the data from the dashboard):
- Select the site you want to reset from the list of sites on your dashboard.
- Hover over the hamburger icon and click the reset button.
- A popup will appear that asks you to confirm that you want to reset the site.