- Knowledge Base
- Responsive Website Builder
- Legal Pages
- Duda Support > Responsive Website Builder > eCommerce
Adding legal pages to Storefront
Storefront allows creating the following legal pages:
- Legal Info
- Revocation Policy
- Shipping Cost/Payment Info
You can enable display of the pages in your Storefront control panel at Settings → General →Legal Info tab.
Click on 'Edit' button to unfold the page's settings and content form. You can specify any title to your page. If you already have a similar page on your website, you can attach the page's URL here.
The pages links will be automatically attached and shown in your Starter Site and Facebook shop, at the bottom of each store page.
How to obtain links to legal pages?
If you run Storefront on a website, you will be able to place these links to any spot on your site:
- Enter your Starter Site, check the bottom of a page for the legal pages links,
- Open your website and enter your Storefront store page; get the URL from your address bar and append the copied part to it. This merged URL is now the URL to your privacy page.
- Place this URL on your website. Exact instructions depend on what platform or content management system your site is using.
What legal pages do I need for my site? What content do I need to have?
The right answer to this question is ‘it depends’. What legal pages you need and what content they display depend on your business type, what you sell, what regulations are imposed by your government, etc. You should look through your website and store content and evaluate what type of legal information you need. You may want to hire a lawyer for a consultation, to make sure you will meet all regulations.
Suggested content for legal pages
Terms and Conditions
Or simply TOS. It is a document that explains the rules for using your site/store, what is allowed and what is disallowed. You may want to include the following items:
- copyright for the material offered on the website and store pages, trademark,
- ownership of the site,
- requirements to use the store, e.g., whether the registration is required
This is a document specifying your terms for refunds and product returns.
You need to let your customers know what information your store collects and how it will be used. Customers want to know if their contact information will be anyhow exposed to 3rd parties, sold, or use for newsletters. By providing a clear explanation on this matter, you will be sure to increase liability among your clients.
- how you process personal information like email, address, name, etc.
- whether you distribute this information to any 3rd party and if so what for
Shipping cost/Payment info
Shipping cost page will explain your delivery policy and may include the following information:
- what items are allowed for shipment
- to what regions you deliver your goods
- terms of delivery
- estimated shipping
- how to handle returns
Payment info should cover all possible questions about payment methods in your store. Storefront allows you to offer several payment options to your customers. If you have specific requirements or instructions on how to pay, it is good to explain it to your clients.
Additionally, you can append payment instructions to each payment method you have in your Storefront store. The instructions will be shown at checkout once the customer selects a payment method. The instructions are set up in Storefront control panel → System Settings → Payment.
How to enable customers to agree to the store terms before checkout.
Usually, customers are prompted to accept the terms and conditions prior to making a purchase. So you can enable “Terms and Conditions” checkbox. It will show checkbox "I agree with Terms and Conditions" above the 'Checkout' button. The 'Terms and Conditions' will be a link opening a popup window displaying the page text.
The window will also contain links to the other legal pages that you have enabled in your Storefront control panel.