- Knowledge Base
- Responsive Website Builder
- iPage Domain Set up
- Duda Support > Responsive Website Builder > Going Live
This article will teach you how to setup your custom domain records for iPage to attach to your new DudaOne site. This will allow your visitors to go to yourwebsite.com or www.yourwebsite.com to access your website. You will have to own your own domain.
With iPage paid web hosting service is required in order to edit your DNS records. To prevent this charge consider transferring your domain to a new registrar.
Steps to follow
- Login to your iPage Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, scroll down and find the Domains section.
- Click on DomainCentral.
- Find the domain you want to add a record to and click on it.
- Find the DNS section and then change the Modify drop-down to CNAME Alias.
- Below you will see two empty boxes, please the following information in them:
- Host: www
- Points To: s.dudaone.com
- Click Add next to the new record.
- Nest, select Pointers.
- In the dropdown select "URL"
- For "Points To" type in www.YOUR_DOMAIN and select the Standard option.
- Click Save at the bottom.
One item that might come up when trying to create the CNAME record is an error message notifying you that there already is a record in place for www. You will need to delete the existing records for these values and then start at step 5 above. They are probably under the 'A record' section.
Wait! Creating CNAME records might take up to 24 hours to fully propagate. This means that your site will not be available quite yet.