- Knowledge Base
- Responsive Website Builder
- Host Monster Domain Set up
- Duda Support > Responsive Website Builder > Going Live
This article will teach you how to setup your custom domain records for Host Monster to attach to your new DudaOne site. This will allow your visitors to go to yourwebsite.com or www.yourwebsite.com to access your website. You will have to own your own domain.
Steps to follow
- Login to your control panel from the Host Monster home page.
- In the cPanel, scroll down and find the domain management section and click on the DNS Zone Editor.
- Select the domain you want to use for your DudaOne site and under the Add DNS Record section, place the following:
- Host Record: www
- TTL: 14400
- Type: CNAME
- Points To: s.dudaone.com
- Click Add Record.
- Go back to your Host Monster cPanel
- Click The Redirects icon under the Domains section.
- Add the Following Redirect:
- Click Add.
One item that might come up when trying to create the CNAME record is an error message notifying you that there already is a record in place for @ or www. You will need to delete the existing records for these values and then start at step 3 above. They are probably under the 'A record' section.
Wait! Creating CNAME records might take up to 24 hours to fully propagate. This means that your site will not be available quite yet until the record has been sent out to the rest of the internet.
For additional information, please check out the Host Monster DNS article: https://my.hostmonster.com/cgi/help/559#access