- Knowledge Base
User permissions control the level of access that staff and clients have to the platform. You can define which features individual users can and can't access.
Please note: This feature is only available for DudaPro customers.
Clients are given access to each site individually. This means a client can have different permissions for each site assigned to them. You can only assign clients to sites that have been purchased.
When adding or managing a user, check off the permissions you would like to grant.
Full Editing Capabilities vs. Content Editing
If you would like your clients to be in full control of the content and design of your site, you can grant them “Full editing capabilities” permissions level.
This enables your client to add and manage widgets, pages and popups, change global design and control the settings of your site.
If you are concerned that your clients might accidentally break the layout of your site, but you would still like them to be able to manage the site’s content, pick “Content Editing” permission level.
Clients with “Content Editing” permissions gain limited access to editing, including text edits and may work with the content editor in widgets.
Providing access to the site comments feature can enable your clients to give you specific feedback on their site. This important feature will decrease confusion and allow you to have a record of what the client has requested and how it has been resolved. A more detailed article for site comments can be found here.
Note that Site Comments are available based on your annual plan.
- Basic plan: Not available.
- Team plan: Open for communication between team members only.
- Agency plan: Open for communication between team members and 5 clients per month (calculated according to billing cycle: clients are additive).
- Grandfathered DudaPro users: Open for communication between team members only. To enable client communication, you will need to contact support and sign up for a new plan. More information about switching your account can be found here
- Custom plan: If you are on a custom plan, contact your account manager directly for information on levels of access.
*Any team or client communication that was made during the beta phase before February 3, 2019 is saved in your account in perpetuity.
Some permissions have prerequisites. For example, in order for a user to have access to Site SEO, he must have access to the Edit Site permission as well.
When you select a permission, its pre-requisites will automatically be selected. Conversely, any dependent permissions will be de-selected if a pre-requisite permission is removed.
Here is a list of dependencies in Duda.
- Edit site
- Full editing capabilities
- Content editing
- Developer Mode
- Site SEO
- Custom Domain
- Site Backups
- Reset site
- Push notifications
- Republish (requires Publish permission)