- Knowledge Base
- Mobile Website Builder
- How to Improve Mobile Load Speed
- Duda Support > Mobile Website Builder > Editing a Site
There are many methods for achieving a better load time, and it is a good idea to look for suggestions in multiple places. That being said, these are some methods which the support team here at Duda have found effective in improving load times.
Finding the Culprit
The most important information when improving your mobile site's load time is finding out which elements are taking the most time to load. To determine this, follow these steps:
- Download and Install Google Chrome. It can be downloaded here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
- Publish the site, and then go to the live mobile site. You can get the URL for your live mobile site in the "go live" step of the editor
- In chrome's options go to View -> Developer -> Developer Tools
- Once the developer tools window pops up, you should switch it to the "network" tab
- Finally go to the live mobile site's URL, but add this to the end of the URL: ?nosim
- Once you have done this the developer tools window will display many stats regarding the network usage for loading the mobile site. The column you want to pay the most attention to is the "size" column. This will tell you exactly how large each item being loaded is. The larger items are the ones slowing down your load time.
From this point you can decide what to do with each of these elements. In some cases it may make sense to delete the element, for others it may make more sense to replace the element with something smaller.
Making Images Mobile Friendly
Images more often than not are going to be the main reason for increased load time. There are a few methods for decreasing the load time on images:
- Resize images to about 300px max width.
- Save images in a more compressed format, .jpg format is a highly compressed format.
Once the images have been modified, simply upload and add them to the mobile site.